Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday, Monday

There's a song that starts 'just another manic Monday'!! Well, that just about fit today. My first graders arrived with sleep in their eyes and more than one was just a tad on the cranky side. Their teacher had some sleep in her eyes and might have been a tad on the cranky side herself! I'm not sure why but I can only surmise that the excessively hot temperatures over the weekend did nothing to brighten our mood. That being said, the day smoothed out and we ended on a good note.

My first graders decided last week that we should pray for rain in addition to saying the Lord's Prayer before dismissal in the afternoons! What a great idea! They are taking turns asking God to send rain and then we all say the Lord's Prayer together. An older gentleman told me once that he lived through the drought of the 1950s and told the Lord when it rained that he would never complain about rain again. I have to say that I'm subscribing to his opinion! When it rains I will rejoice!

Congratulations to each fourth grade student for saying the first section of the American's Creed. They will be memorizing more of it this week and next week and then they will have it 'down'. What a good group of students they are.

Parents---a heads up with regard to PSIA. That stands for Private Schools Interscholastic Association. I'm the Maps, Graphs, and Charts coach for our school. The contest is open to 4th through 8th grade students and will be held along with other contest categories in February. We have the atlases on hand and I'm going to put together some 'extra credit' work that all students can utilize that will use the atlases. It's a great contest and I encourage you to encourage your child to consider it. Any student can do the extra credit in study hall regardless of whether he/she participates in the contest. I plan to have some material available to the teachers for study hall in the next week or so. It's in my first grade classroom, I've got some ideas but I've got to have some time to get it all together.

God bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment