Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday #2

This was one of those days when things were a bit on the topsy turvy side! And I am so proud of my first graders! They handled the changes in their routine very, very well! I'm quite impressed with this group. They have settled down and are working hard..........and it's only the second week of school!!

My History classes are so much fun. My third graders had a test today over the continents and the four major oceans. They studied. Well done, third grade.

Fourth grade is memorizing the American's Creed. The first part was due today and all gave it a shot and most did very well; however, I missed their class due to circumstances beyond my control so any fourth grader who didn't make 100 is welcome to try it again on Monday and there won't be any penalty!

I'm loving my junior high students as well. I certainly don't want to neglect them in this post. I have 6th, 7th, and 8th graders together for U.S. History. The 7th and 8th graders had me last year and know how I operate. The 6th graders are learning and they are doing great! I'm taking things slow and easy and trying to transition them to a higher level. We have some tests and special projects coming up and I anticipate that all will do very well.

God bless you all and have a restful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment