Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another Day is Done and It was Fun!

If you are on my Facebook list of friends, you've probably read the following story; if not, read and enjoy!!

We are learing about addition in math class. I was demonstrating how the word equal means the same as.... I had two students on one side of me and another on the other side and I said 2+1 = 3. About that time one of the boys jumped up and got between them with both arms stretched straight and he said 'I'm the plus sign!' I think we have that concept!!

First grade got to play some new games today. Mrs. Z has them for Enrichment and they played a couple of games that involve shapes. One was really, really easy but the other requires some thought. The students loved it. We also played rhyming Bingo this afternoon. Some of us are definitely rusty on our rhyming skills but we are also a competitive group so I think this skill will get getting honed very quickly. What impressed me was how excited they got for each other when a match was made. They like to win but they like their friends to do the same.

God bless all of my students and their families!

No comments:

Post a Comment