Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of School 2011

This was the 30th first day of school for students at First Baptist School! I can't speak for other teachers but for me the day went very well. I had a strong suspicion that my first grade class was going to be busy and active and they were! I had my first chuckle for the year when I noticed that one of my students had a green pencil gripper stuck in his ear! I won't mention any names nor will I even use initials!:)

A great big THANK YOU is due Gabe Pipes' grandmother. She purchased and donated a bunch of learning games and activities for our class. Feel free to drop by and check them out. At the moment they are still in their unwrapped state on my counter top.

I had History with 3rd and 4th grades today. Although I have taught History to Junior High students for several years, this is my first experience with other curriculums. It's going to be good and it's going to be fun but I will be learning right along with them.

I will send emails to each group of parents (1st grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, Junior High) with specifics for each class--assignments, projects, field trips, etc. At least in the beginning, you will get such messages on a weekly basis but as I become more efficient at advance planning you might get them less frequently.

However, please check your email regularly and don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

God bless each of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment