Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Musings from Mrs. Jones

I haven't blogged since last December. And I can't say why. Perhaps it's because I got busy during the spring semester with work and family and such. It's not because I don't like to write. I DO like to write. I like to write a lot. I'm going to do my best to keep up with this blog this year.

The 2013-14 school year has started out great! I have an awesome group of first graders and I'm privileged to teach World History to some amazing junior high students. I'm blessed to work with a caring staff who are devoted to giving our students the best educational experience possible.

Today is one of those dates that will be forever etched in our minds. None of our students are old enough to remember the events of September 11, 2001 but for the rest of us it's a day we'll never forget. A lot has happened in our world since then--some good, some bad. As a nation, we are divided in many ways but we are still citizens of the United States of America and as such, should work hard to keep our nation strong. We should pray daily for our leaders and vote our conscience when election time rolls around again.

Today is also the birthday of my youngest brother. I might forget the birthdays of others but never Tim's! Some of you know (others don't) that I was adopted as an infant and in 1999 I found my birth family. Tim is one of eight siblings from my birth mother. He has been a blessing in my life. He has helped put the missing pieces of the puzzle of my life in place.

Watch this blog. I will post pictures of class activities and field trips, possibly some videos of my students doing special things and also just my thoughts on various subjects.


No comments:

Post a Comment