Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sharing Time and Space

First Baptist School has been in existence for 30 years and for all but the last 3 of those years, we shared space in the main church building. That meant when there was a funeral or other activity in the church during the week we had to creep around and be as quiet as church mice! I must say that our students NEVER let us down! They have always risen to the occasion and have done as we asked! That's a tribute to their raising!

Having a funeral in the church no longer requires us to be super quiet (although we still sometimes have to alter chapel or lunch arrangements) but if often requires some of my time. I'm the audio/video engineer 'in residence' and the administration has always been very good to understand that it's a part of my ministry right along with being a classroom teacher.

We had a funeral in the church yesterday. It was a service to honor the memory of a precious soul and I needed to be there. And I was. But I have a few more gray hairs on my head for I discovered during chapel yesterday morning that there were some technical issues with the sound board. I can turn it on and I can adjust the sound but I'm not very good at troubleshooting. I gave my first graders some work to do, opened the door to second grade (thanks Mrs. K for covering for me), phoned my husband (who truly understands all that equipment and is very good a troubleshooting) and sorted out the problem. It turned out to be fairly simple and I felt more than a little inadequate but my sweet husband was very nice about it and didn't fuss at me for not seeing the problem.

It takes all of us to make FBS work! It takes dependence on each other and on our Heavenly Father. It's nice to know that when we hit a roadblock we can stop and pray for guidance and know that someone is going to stand by our side and help us over that bump in the road. That's what friends are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment