Friday, February 24, 2012

PSIA District Competition

We spent all day at the PSIA competition in Giddings. It was a very long day and a very busy day as well. Our students did quite well. Twelve individual students placed in the top six in their respective events. Three students placed high enough to advance to the state level in four different events. I'm SO proud of them.

But I'm equally proud of those students who went and came home with a participant ribbon. They did their best. For those of you who are reading this and don't know---PSIA events are strictly extra-curriculur. Students (and their coaches) either work before school or after school to prepare for these events. It takes dedication on the part of the students and their parents and a serious time committment as well.

I'm also proud of all our students for their good behavior. There were students from several other schools and our students interacted with them and were good friends! I wish you could have seen the 'pick-up' football game this morning. Boys of all ages (from 1-8 grades) were involved and while it was definitely a rough and tough game I never saw anyone get angry and the most touching sight was a big boy who picked up a little boy who had the ball and together they scored a touchdown!! That's teamwork!

I want to say a special word of thanks to the parents who attended the event with us. I'm sure there were other things you could have done but you took time to invest in the life of your child and all the other children as well. You were a good example!

I'm happy to say that I am not done with that extra hour of practice every week! Cody and Alecia will be joining me to work some more and prepare for that state level competition in Maps, Graphs, and Charts.

God bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment