Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weather Changes

I awoke this morning before the alarm sounded. The wind woke me up. Our first really cool 'norther' has blown in. Unfortunately, it did not bring us much needed rain but we can be thankful for the cooler temperatures. And we'll be reaching for jackets before we set off to school tomorrow morning.

I could have told you yesterday that the weather was going to change today! The 'barometers' of my students were fluctuating rather wildly! Now, I am a reasonably educated woman and I know that scientists say that such a statement is merely an old wives' tale and hasn't a grain of truth to it. They just need to come and visit our school and observe! It's not that my students behavior is necessarily bad but they are definitely different. They are usually a bit more excitable and don't focus quite as well as they should.

With the weather change and the high winds comes an increased fire danger all across our state. I know of at least two first grade dads who are volunteer firefighters. There might be others. If you know a firefighter (volunteer or paid) please tell him/her thank you. They risk their lives and give up time with their families to help protect our communities. They are heroes each and every time they answer that call.

May God bless your family! May God bless and protect our firefighters and other emergency personnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment