Thursday, October 13, 2011

Apologies Required!

We teachers are not perfect and this teacher certainly isn't! I had to apologize not once, but twice today to some of my students.

The first bit of hot water I found myself in was with my first graders. I forgot to tell them yesterday that our librarian is going to be gone tomorrow (their usual day to check out books) and that they would be going to the library today. What that meant was that several of them didn't have their books and thus couldn't get a new one. This is a group of students who love to read! It's serious business! They forgave me--I think!

Then I went to my third grade history class and reviewed a lesson that we covered last week. I had turned to the wrong page in my lesson plan book. I caught my error and we did the correct lesson but not before they rolled their eyes and said 'we already know THAT!' I pointed out to them that a little bit of review never hurts anyone, especially when there might be a quiz or test in the future.

I'm really glad that they forgave me but most importantly, I'm so glad that God forgives us all when we err! He is a faithful and loving Father.

May God bless each of you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment