Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Prayer

One of the blessings of teaching at FBS is that we can stop what we are doing at any time and pray--OUT LOUD!! This will be a week of many prayers--for rain, for our neighbors to the north and south and east and west who have lost much in the wildfires, and for the brave firemen and women who are doing their best to protect our public safety.

I was in west Texas over the Labor Day weekend and as we drove back home yesterday we could see smoke from the fires from Temple to Caldwell. We saw one grassfire just outside of Temple and pulled over for fire crews who were obviously being moved straight from one fire to another.

I am sure that many of you, like me, know someone who has been or is being directly affected by these awful fires. There's not much we can do right now except pray and I encourage each of you to do that--without ceasing.

I thank God for the privilege of teaching in this school. I thank God that we can be open prayer warriors in the halls and classrooms of this building. I thank God for our students and their families. And I pray that we will all remain safe.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment