Saturday, September 10, 2011

Heritage

I've just come home from the Kolache Festival. It was hot and crowded and I was more than happy to reach my house and the air conditioning!

What I don't like about the KF is the heat and the crowds and the occasional person(s) who behaves badly because of poor choices. But I don't want to focus on that.

I want to focus on what I do like about the event each year! It is a celebration of the Czech heritage and I applaud that! I love history and family history in particular and anything that inspires young people to learn more about their personal history gets an A+ from me!

Whether you are Czech or not, a native Texan or not, a native of Caldwell or not I encourage you and your family to get interested in the past. Find out who those ancestors were and what they did and where they lived. Dig out those old photos. The past can be a window to the future and you can build relationships in the process!!

I've had the privilege of learning about BOTH of my families--my adopted family and my birth family. It's been fun to see that I am a product of both nurture and nature.

Enjoy your weekend and celebrate your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment