Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gifts

It's not my birthday and it's not Christmas (although both will be here before we know it!) but it is almost the end of the first six weeks grading period here at FBS. As I reflect back over the start to this school year, one word comes to mind. Gifts. There are 16 of them in my first grade classroom! Each is unique, special, and one part of the whole that will spend the next few months with me.

Every group of first graders is different. There are always strengths and occasionally, a few weak areas. They are humans. I always learn something from them. The year that I don't learn is the year I need to throw in the towel and say I'm retiring. I don't think it will be this year because I'm learning!

One of the blessings this class has shared is their 'heart' for those less fortunate than them. We have daily chapel and students are allowed to request prayer. Many of these children want to pray for those who have less. They are the living embodiment of the Golden Rule.

There are numerous students who are artistically talented. They amaze me.

They are good friends. They get along with each other. They LIKE each other!

They are very intelligent. They are making this teacher work to keep up with them!

To their parents I say a big THANK YOU!! I feel blessed to be involved in the life of your child.

God bless you!



No comments:

Post a Comment