Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Junior High Guest Speaker

Our junior high students were privileged to hear Heather Alexander, PhD. speak today. Dr. Alexander is an assistant professor of biology at the University of Texas in Brownsville and is a well-known and respected plant ecologist. She spent some time with our students today talking about and showing photos of her research trips to the interior of Alaska and Siberia. She researches the effects of fire on boreal ecosystems as well as other really cool things! We were delighted to have her take time from her busy schedule to visit FBS.  I have known Heather since the day she was born. Her late mother was one of my dearest childhood friends. I'm very proud of the woman she is and her great achievements in the field of science. It's my hope that perhaps she inspired one of my students to aspire to something similar.



No comments:

Post a Comment