Tuesday, November 19, 2013

ThanksGIVING

This first semester of the 2013-14 school year has been one fraught with worries for my family and me. There are several health concerns among various family members and it is sometimes hard to stop and realize that there is MUCH to be thankful for. One of the true blessings of my job is that I get to spend time with our junior high students each day. They are few in number but they are truly wonderful people. They have caring, sharing hearts. I have seen them stop to help one of our little people without being asked and they are always willing to help the teachers and each other. They don't complain, they don't moan. They just do it--cheerfully. They've spent a lot of their spare time in the last couple of weeks preparing some gifts for the residents of one of the local nursing homes. And tomorrow they are going to deliver those gifts as well as perform a skit. I got to watch a dress rehearsal this morning and I was charmed and amused! Below are some pictures from that rehearsal. Thank you, students. You are the absolute BEST!!








No comments:

Post a Comment