Monday, October 14, 2013

Showers of Blessings

We were blessed over the weekend with clouds and rain. Especially rain! Our state has struggled for the last few years with a shortage of rain and while most ponds in our area are okay, many of our large reservoirs are still way below normal levels.

First grade has been watching, observing, and recording the weather for the past week. It was a real treat to walk outside this morning and see that there were clouds and a light mist falling. Rainy weather makes me want to curl up in my recliner with a good book and read. Economic necessity requires that I go to work each and every day! But it's more than necessity. I have a 'calling' to do what I do. Some days are easier than others and I know that there are some days when I'm a bit grumpy. But every day that I set foot inside my classroom I receive showers of blessing--from the children I teach and the people with whom I work.

Please continue to pray for rain. Please continue to pray for our school. Please continue to pray for me! And thank God for every shower of blessing He sends your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment